Membership in SIGIS offers merchants access to the following programs:
- IIAS Certification – SIGIS has established the procedures which enable merchants to certify that they meet the requirements to operate an IIAS. There are two types of merchant IIAS certification:
- Merchants that operate their own inventory and cash register/point-of-sale software certify directly by completing the SIGIS IIAS Merchant Questionnaire and completing a technical certification with their acquirer. See IIAS Merchant Certification for more information.
- Merchants that have contracted with a POS vendor/third-party servicer (TPS) may use a simplified online registration if their POS vendor/TPS has completed SIGIS IIAS certification. See Third-Party Servicer (TPS) Certification for information and a list of SIGIS-certified TPS.
- 90% Rule Merchant Attestation – For drug stores and pharmacies that primarily sell prescriptions and eligible medical items, the IRS permits plan administrators to approve FSA/HRA card transactions without the merchant having an IIAS. SIGIS has developed a registration program for drug stores and pharmacies to register as 90% Rule Merchants. See 90% Rule Merchant Attestation for more information.
- SIGIS IIAS Transaction Processing and Data Retention Technical Specification – the SIGIS Specification outlines the requirements needed for merchants, acquirers, processors, card issuers and plan administrators to support an IIAS.
- SIGIS Eligible Product List – the SIGIS List contains the products to be flagged in a merchant’s inventory as eligible medical items, taking the guess work out of what to flag. See the Eligible Product List Criteria publication for more information.
- Education – Receive SIGIS communications on important issues that impact regulations, card usage and approvals.
- Help Desk – Ability to contact the SIGIS Help Desk as an educational resource for merchant issues.